Ads 200x200

Ads 200x200

Gone With the Wind Part 1

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gone with the Wind.
I adore both the movie and the book.

This will be a blog post in several parts.

Part 1 - The Basics

Gone with the Wind is a period piece set in the United States/Confederacy (the State of Georgia) during the Civil War era.  Around 1860 and several years following.

It is both a movie and a book.  The book was written by Margret Mitchell and later a film adaptation was produced by David O. Selznick.  The book was first published in 1936. The movie came out in 1939.  There are several differences between the book and the movie, but I will cover that later.

The central character in both the movie and the book is Scarlett O'Hara.  She is strong willed, stubborn, charming, and beautiful.  In the movie she is played by Vivien Leigh (also from A Streetcar Named Desire).  The book describes her as having "sharp features", which some people might not consider beautiful, but I always picture her as beautiful and more importantly the character herself seems to think so.

So that's Gone with the Wind 101: Come back, Gone with the Wind is one of my personal favorites so the other post parts should be good.






4 comments:

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I too have two websites, feel free to check them out. http://bekkieswonderland.blogspot.com/ and http://bekkiestheovervieweffect.blogspot.com/. I've been blogging here a very long time with BIW. Your blog has a nice start but beware. I have tried to get people from G+ to come and see them and it's a hard thing to do. Good luck I will check on you again. Please become followers on my blogs because I am followering you now. I'm gonna send you a link on G+ you may find interesting. TGIF!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

PS, I can't follow you yet. You need to put a Followers box on here from Blogger. Please see my sites I have them.

Unknown said...

Thank you Bekkie, I will check out your blogs. I admire you bloggers that have been doing this a long time. I might be a little late to the party. I started blogging not that long ago.

Unknown said...

Miss Lacey I grew up with "Gone With The Wind" Music is spectacular as is scenery Acting Writing Well you know. I will read you're blogs when I see things posted to my e-mail. Keep it up. CKCG

 

My Flower and Pony GIF

GqaKWD on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

My monkey eek

my first button photo myfirstbutton_zpsdf40ba91.jpg

Blogroll

These Ads help pay for my blogging habit.

My Favorite Recent T.V. Shows

  • Call the Midwife
  • Downton Abbey
  • Weeds
  • The Colbert Report
  • 30 Rock

My Monkey Button

By Marvel (Based upon a NASA image)

Rotating earth (large)

Linky Followers

Monkey Button 4 The Pig Store

Bingo Bill By Timbo

Bingo Bill

Blogger news

My Monkey Button

My Monkey Button

Most Reading